Link Google AdWords to Google Analytics & Join the dots
Have a Google AdWords account and feel you need more data before editing your keywords? Don’t stress; there is an easy way to link Google AdWords to Google Analytics with a few easy steps.
But why link Google AdWords to Analytics you ask? There are many great benefits when linking AdWords to Analytics and for most PPC managers this is a must when setting up your Google AdWords account.
Some of the significant benefits include:
- Import goals from Google Analytics to AdWords
- Get insight into keyword bounce rates
- Get the full picture on how people are engaging on your site
- Detailed reporting on ad spends and performance
- Get conversion paths and assisted clicks data
- See Bounce rate directly in Google AdWords
- Page visits directly in Google AdWords
- Visit duration directly in Google AdWords
- New visits directly in Google AdWords
- Better multi-channel funnel reports
- Build unique remarketing lists for GDN
Step by step guide to Link Google Analytics to Google AdWords
There are two parts to achieve this. The first part is to link Google AdWords to Analytics. By doing this, it will enable AdWords data to track through Google Analytics. The next part will be covering importing data into AdWords so the data will show within your campaigns, ad groups and keywords.
Part 1 - Linking AdWords data into Google Analytics
- The first step to Linking AdWords to Analytics is to make sure you are logged in to your Google account and make sure your account has access to both Analytics and AdWords. If not you will log into each of these accounts and grant permission so both accounts are linked.
- Log into Google Analytics and click on the profile you want to link to AdWords
- Click on Admin in the top right corner (You should now see three columns; Accounts, Property and View)
- Click on AdWords Linking (this is in the first column under accounts)
- Click New Links
- Select the AdWords account you want to link
- Now your data will flow into Analytics
Part 2 - Import Google Analytics metrics into AdWords
- Log in to your AdWords account
- Click My Account in the top right corner or the gear icon which is also in the top right corner
- Choose Linked Accounts
- Under Google, Analytic option clicks View details
- Select the Analytics view you would like linked to your account
- You will now see analytic data in your AdWords account by Simply going to the AdWords level and choosing the analytics data you want to view.
Linking the two accounts together gives you a much clearer picture as to how your visitors are interacting with your website. Therefore as marketers, we can make informed decisions on improving our ROI.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.