SEO Keyword Analysis…. find best keywords for SEO
Wondering how to do keyword research the right way? Keyword Analysis is one of the most important stages of any Search Engine Optimisation campaign. It is where you learn what keywords people are searching for and what keywords your competitors are targeting. Most importantly it determines what keywords are going to benefit your business.
Before you jump in and start your SEO Keyword Analysis, the first step is to establish who your customers are. Then, what is their intent and what do you want them to do once they land on your website. These three SEO areas are often overlooked when conducting website keyword analysis for clients sites.How to understand the value of a keyword
You will first need to ask yourself
- Is my keyword theme relevant to the services or products I’m offering and how likely will a conversion take place?
- If yes, type the search term in the search engines and start by first looking at what competitors are already ranking for this term. By doing this test will start to give you a good idea of the type of competition you’re up against. Another good indication of a competitive keyword is if there is paid advertising on the top and right-hand side bar of the SERP (Search Engine Result Page)
- How much marketing budget you have for Keyword Analysis will govern how much testing you can do before choosing your keyword list. But if you have the resources the next step is to determine what keywords convert on your website. This can be done by creating a testing AdWords account and running your keywords in a PPC campaign. Run this campaign over the course of a couple of weeks and try and get about 300 – 400 click within the campaign.
- You will now use this data to determine how much a keyword is worth to your business. As an example, if one keyword generates 1000 impressions and out of this we get 100 clicks/visitors, with 3 of them converting to make a profit of $600, then a single visitor to your site is worth $6. I.e. 100 visitors generated $600 worth of profit. Now if you can achieve 100 customers per day at position 1 with a click-through rate of 10%, this keyword could be worth $600 per day to your business in profit (or $219,000 per year).
Top 5 Free SEO keyword analysis tools for keyword research and analysis
- AdWords’ Keyword Tool
- Google Insights for Search
- Google Trends Keyword Tool
- Microsoft Advertising Intelligence
- Wordtracker’s Free Basic Keyword Demand
Top 5 Paid keyword analysis tools for keyword research and analysis
- Advanced Web Ranking – http://www.advancedwebranking.com/
- Raven Tools – http://raventools.com/
- Long Tail Pro – http://www.longtailpro.com/
- SEM Rush – http://www.semrush.com/
- Keyword Project Manager – http://www.keywordprojectmanager.com/
Don’t undervalue the long tail keyword
Website keyword analysis is more than just choosing broad keywords. In this example, I am going to use an online fashion shop.
Many clients want the most competitive keyword, like just “handbags”. This particular keyword might generate over 3000 searches per day but is it the best converting keyword? In reality, these types of highly competitive keywords only make up 30% of searches performed on the web and the other 70% come from what we call ‘long tail keywords’ which are made up of multiple keywords. Long tail keywords take up the majority of all searches conducted on the web.
Another significant fact about long tail keywords is they are more informational and tend to lead to more conventions. Think about it- if someone typed in “Buy Louis Vuitton women handbag” compared to just “handbags” which person is more ready to buy? It is without a doubt the person who is already at the later stage of the buying cycle and has done product research and is more likely to buy. In conclusion, the smart marketer will leverage this knowledge and choose keywords that are most likely to convert into sales, not just keywords with high click volume.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.